Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ask and ye shall recieve...maybe.

I was with residents all week so all I got to do was IVs, intubate, and do ACTs.  Unfortunately there are three residents rotating at MAHI right now so the only hope I have of doing a central line is if I'm with Pam or Morgan. I asked Dr. Williams if I could do the central line since it was Friday and I hadn't done much of anything.   His response was classic: "Probably not."  Then he went on to say that he would take a look at the patient and make the judgement from there.  From my parenting experience when I tell my kids "probably not" it usually means "not a chance."  On the bright side the patient turned out to be very difficult and Dr. Williams commended me later for having the courage to ask and promised me he'd get me some central lines.  Here's to hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment